Sunday, August 11, 2019

No More Tubes!

When I was still a baby I had tubes put in my ear because I kept getting a lot of ear infections. The doctor said that tubes would help my ears when I got a cold and I wouldn't get anymore ear infections. The doctor was right because I haven't had an ear infection since 2016! I had to go back for my tube checkup and the doctor pulled the tube out because it was falling out and stuck in a bunch of wax in my ear canal. He had already pulled the other tube out in January because it was falling out, too. It didn't hurt when he pulled the tube out, but it did kind of tickle. My tube was blue! It's neat to see the tube because I didn't know what it looked like.

He also said that both of my eardrums have a hole in them. He said that's super uncommon. He can't do anything about it now but just keep an eye on it and maybe it will heal itself. If not I might have to have surgery when I'm 7 or 8 to fix it. I hope it heals on its own because surgery doesn't sound like fun at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment